Friday 23 October 2015

The First Robot by Kevin

Here is Kevin's narrative inspired by the animation 'Girl and Robot'

The First Robot

“Bang bang” I just finished tightening the compartments of my newest creation. Viewing my creation I thought “stupendous!”

Limb to limb bulky titanium patches were attached and tightened chain pulleys were placed inside of the iron patches. The plans were placed on my father's work table. The basement was filled with dirt and sand.

Hopefully all these rough months of loneliness and working late nights would pay off. I longed to have created the first man made robot that would change the human race. “It all comes down to this” I thought. “This is for you dad”.

“Shreech” I loosened the wheel to release steam. I pushed the lever to full blast. The cold lifeless eyes flickered on. Suddenly a cold chill ran down my spine. The light bulb eyes stared blankly at me just as before. “No, no, no, no this can’t be”, all the months just for a piece of rubbish.  “There must be an issue somewhere” I thought. I hesitated “here goes again but this time a bit more pressure might just do the trick”.

“Click, click, click, click”, “bang”, “what was that?” I exclaimed. “Turn it off, turn it off!” I thought. A huge screw barely missed me as it burst from the pipe. The last thing I remember was collapsing.

I opened my eyes. I was devastated to see that the robot had sacrificed himself to save me. “But why?” I thought. “Pfff” a huge patch of titanium fell on the ground and created a dust storm. I was looking directly into his flickering lightbulb eyes. “Sorry dad, I failed you”.

No comments:

Post a Comment